Ontario police help arrest suspects in Montreal armed robbery

Montreal armed robbery arrests: Ontario police detain two suspects in case Charges include shooting, injuries and a Canada-wide warrant as police seek two more

Montreal police say officers in Ontario helped arrest two people wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Montreal earlier this year. Police said Toronto and Durham Region officers detained a 20yearold man and a 17yearold boy on Wednesday in relation to a Jan. 28 incident. According to investigators, a person entered a home in southwest Montreal after claiming to deliver a package, then let in three others, two of whom were armed with guns. During the robbery, one of the armed suspects allegedly fired a shot. One suspect was injured in the abdomen, and a resident suffered an arm injury. The group fled the scene and left evidence behind, police said. The two arrested suspects face charges including breaking and entering, armed robbery and reckless discharge of a firearm. They appeared by video in court and are expected to be transferred to Montreal in the coming days. Police are still looking for two other suspects, including a 16yearold who is subject to a Canadawide warrant.