Nine Halton Region schools receive anonymous bomb threats

Halton Region bomb threats were ruled non-credible after school searches. Police are probing the emails as classes continue and safety stays in focus.

Nine schools in Halton Region received anonymous bomb threats by email on Thursday, but police said the messages were not credible. Officers searched the schools and found no evidence of danger, and classes are continuing as normal while the investigation remains open. Halton Regional Police said the threats were sent to schools in the Halton District School Board, the Halton Catholic District School Board and Appleby College. Police have increased their presence at the affected schools while they try to determine who sent the emails and whether the threats are connected to similar incidents in Toronto earlier this week. The threats came days after 16 Toronto schools received unfounded bomb threats that police also ruled noncredible. School officials said they have informed parents and are focusing on student and staff safety as the investigation continues.